Little V recently had her very first school picture day. At first I wasn’t going to succumb to the age-old pressure of buying school picture prints. I figured I could just take the picture myself, print some off and share with the family. However, the day before picture day, little V came home and told me that she needed to bring money to school tomorrow for pictures. Smart teachers, smart school. How do you say no to such a sweet little request. So I crumbled and forked over the cash.
I am happy to say though that I am very glad I did. There is just something so sweet about her little picture. It has the official school picture look to document her year in pre-kindergarden. There will be no question when looking back how old she was (plus it has the year on the picture; something they didn’t do when I was in school).
seriously, could she get any cuter!
So here are a few things about little V and her first year of school in pre-k!
– She has a few special friends at school that she talks about often, particularly Serenity and Brian.
– According to her teachers, Brian is one of V’s closest friends: they sit together often, he waits for her whenever she’s behind; I think there might be trouble brewing!
– V is a collector. She has a tendency to find things and treat them as treasures. Many a times she comes off the bus with a new item, having picked it up off the bus floor. Oh my!
– V is quick to correct the huzband or myself with what her teachers have taught her. It’s what her teachers say, not us. I don’t take offense, it’s sweet that she holds them in high admiration.
– She is a girly girl who loves pink and purple, dresses, flowers and fairies. She also has a boisterous side to her: she loves to run (I emphasize LOVE), be outside, is a fish when it comes to water and loves to roll around with her puppy.
– She has really taking a liking to school, her friends, her teachers. She talks about them often and is excited to go back to school after a break. The icing on her cake is getting to ride the bus to and from school.
I am enjoying this new stage in life: the school stage. I know we have plenty of years to go. I want to make a point to enjoy each year, seeing it through little V’s eyes. I want to help make each year a great one, getting to know her teachers, her friends and classmates, the security guards, principle and anyone else who takes part in her education.
I can’t believe we are almost to the end. Up here one the east coast, school goes to June. It feels like just a few weeks ago we were starting pre-k; now here we are coming up on the end of it. Though I am enjoying this along with V, a part of me is sad to see her so growing up already! I know she won’t stay this way, but she will forever be my little V!